Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, February 06, 2011

What is a wand?

From wikipedia we have this scholarly definition of a wand:

A wand is a thin, straight, hand-held stick of wood, stone, ivory, or metal. Generally, in modern language, wands are ceremonial and/or have associations with magic but there have been other uses, all stemming from the original meaning as a synonym of rod and virge, both of which had a similar development....

... I am so sorry, but this post has been combined with another and moved to my new website, Magickal Ingredients. It can be found here: Magick Wands

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin