Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Authentic Gypsy Herbal Cures

Anyeta Petulengro (read about her family here) by all accounts was indeed a noted herbalist. She refused any payment for her cures, and helped hundreds of village folk who were sick or needed advice. Being a true Romany she never took money for curing - though it was often offered in gratitude - because tribal tradition said it would be most unlucky to do so. Herbs, cereals, vegetables, fruit barks, simples of every kind are the remedies, the salves which God has sent to the Romany to heal his ills. It is for us to use them, to neglect nature`s cures is to turn away our greatest treasure.

There is one truth about sickness you must never forget. Nature makes the ailments and nature makes the cure. Over the next several days, I'll be uploading lots of information on herbs and authentic Gypsy herbal cures. Here is a list of posts on herbal remedies currently available on this site:

"Kooshti Sante! ~ Good Health!"

Disclaimer: The author of this site is not Doctor or medical certified professional, the information presented here is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice.

7 comments:

Sacret Plain said...

i tried a combonation of lemon tea leafs, female ashes and wool clothing, burned it and sprinkled it on my plant weeds and the next day they were two feet taller, is this a sign?

Bellamy said...

well, that last comment seemed fake which is a little rude... I'm glad you posted this:) I've always wanted to know some authentic romany herbal remedies!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Actually, that last comment is more of a statement about how the legal system operates - if I don't post a disclaimer then it can be construed that I'm practicing medicine without a license which is against the law...

Willow Nightingale said...

Hi, I've been learning about herbalism from books for the past couple of years and only really know enough for recurring things like the common cold and that kind of thing. I was hoping to find someone who could help me with a question about a meditative tea? or something along those lines? I feel like I've had a run of bad luck in the last couple of months, the most recent as being fired ( by text no less - I'm fairly certain that's illegal ) But anyway, It's left me feeling really blue, I feel like I don't know much about who I am. Is there a herbal blend to calm my mind, or for prophetic dreams? I would be really grateful for the help.

Anonymous said...

where can i get adder's tongue i need urgently. I am from Bombay India

Anonymous said...

Once a long time ago (late 70s) when I was a young woman I lived in an old village in East Anglia UK. I felt like a pioneer my eager American spirit loving the adventure of fireplace heating and ancient Roman bridges out my front door. Everyone kept telling me I was too naïve and too trusting, I should be skeptical of adventures. One day while washing a few dishes a knock came at my door. I opened it to see a beautiful woman standing there with a basket of lace. I was immediately drawn to her and asked her in. We sat and talked, she wanted to read my palms, but I was too young and too afraid. she looked at my hands and saw the awful warts I had on my cuticles> I'd had them for several years and tried every treatment there was and not one worked, though they really hurt to do. She smiles and told me if I bought some of her lace, my warts would be gone the next day. I did, I spent about $1.50 and bought some of the beautiful lace to tie back my curtains. Honest, my friends, the very next day, after being scolded by my landlord for allowing those crossroad thieves into my home, I woke to find every wart gone. I don't know what she did, but it worked. Its now 2013 and I am 60 and often wonder what she would have seen in my hands if I'd allowed a reading. AND those warts NEVER came back. Today I'm my own gypsy, magic and all. This is a great site> Thank you.

SUSALI said...

Hola, tu puedes encontrar tu ser y vivir en armonia espiritual y material cuando encuentres a Dios. Busca bahai.org e investiga los libros llamados "7 valles y 4 valles" o "Palabras Ocultas" de Baha'u'llah.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin